One of our clients is seeking for multiple Android Developers and Leads to work from NYC, NY | Dallas, TX | Columbus, OH locations.
- Complete development assignments on time with an appropriate level of quality to support project efforts
- Participate in a digital technology project from concept to implementation, and through all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Create work estimates based on technology concepts and requirements documentation.
- Support project releases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 4+ years of combined software/application development experience in Java
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing native mobile applications on Play store
- Experience in developing, deploying, and/or supporting an enterprise-grade or highly scalable solutions
- Experience with all phases of the development lifecycle
- Deep experience with developer tools such as Android Studio, Gradle, Maven (Project Management), and Jenkins
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Mockito, Espresso, Roboelectric or Android TDD tools
- Experience with git source control management
- Experience with the following is strongly desired:
- Familiarity with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Enthusiasm for automated testing and tools such as Appium
Android Studio provides the fastest tools for building apps for every type of Android device.
Gradle – Android Studio uses Gradle, an advanced build toolkit, to automate and manage the build process
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting, and documentation from a central piece of information.
Android and Jenkins – As one of the predominant mobile platforms, Android is attractive to a number of developers, but it does bring its own set of challenges with it. With an extremely broad set of devices available on the market, building and testing for the matrix of device configurations can be very challenging. With the Android emulator plugin, however, it is possible to build and test on a myriad of emulated devices. When combined with the Google Play Publisher plugin, Android developers can build a true continuous delivery pipeline, sending builds to an alpha channel in Google Play for release or further testing.
Mockito is a mocking framework that tastes really good. It lets you write beautiful tests with a clean & simple API. Mockito doesn’t give you hangover because the tests are very readable and they produce clean verification errors.
Espresso – Use Espresso to write concise, beautiful, and reliable Android UI tests.
Robolectric is a unit test framework that de-fangs the Android SDK jar so you can test-drive the development of your Android app.
Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps. It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.