Do you have a passion for big data, analytics, data visualization, and cloud computing? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you love building teams and leading the data-driven digital transformation of Fortune 500 companies?
Highering AI is looking for a Big Data Engineer with 4-10 years of experience in working on end to end Data Engineering projects.
Our client offers Big Data consulting and development services helping companies address their challenges associated with meeting their large data processing needs. Our client’s experts can provide unique insight and help with every aspect of Big Data deployment, from its installation and architecture to its configuration and optimization.
As a member of the North American Big Data team, you are responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the overall big data strategy. Responsibilities include architecting solutions with big data, cloud, and container.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
As a Big Data Engineer, you will:
- Identify data needs for business and platform teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across the company
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for platform and business teams
- Help the Data Science team apply and generalize statistical and econometric models on large datasets
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the company’s platform evolves
- Develop strong subject matter expertise and manage the SLAs for those data pipelines
Some things you might work on:
- Develop unified user data schemas and tables that provide a complete view of the business across our platform
- Build data pipelines that track our marketing funnel from visits to onboarding to active usage of the company’s platform
- Work on our centralized experimentation platform to pipeline experiment metrics and compute descriptive statistics
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform at the company to help the team create dynamic tools and reporting
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- 5+ Years of experience in a Data Engineering or Data Science role, with a focus on building data pipelines or conducting data-intensive analysis.
- Have a strong engineering background and are interested in data
- Have prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig/Kafka etc…)
- Have an inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues
- Knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally, derive requirements and architect shared datasets
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
About Highering AI
Highering AI's knowledge of advanced technologies paired with a deep desire to bring the best out of the career seekers makes us 'always highering' the people and companies.