DevOps engineer – cloud platforms (IaaS | PaaS | SaaS) will
- Design, Architect, and Implement next-generation system architecture and automation solutions on cloud platforms
- Design, Implement and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Environments
- Architect and improve our growing application deployment on the cloud platform (PaaS & SaaS)
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling Groups, and Configuration Management
- Assist with building automation scripts and frameworks like Chef or Puppet to automate the system and software deployments and alerts to monitor system health
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones through DevOps methodologies
- Have expert System Administration skills to assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems when they occur and trace the symptoms back to the root cause. Assist developers in debugging application issues using tools
Minimum seven (7) years of related experience.
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience as DevOps Engineer or Solution Architect
- Extensive experience in applications builds on Java and .net platforms.
- Experience in understanding Mobile and Web-based applications
- Having Analytics background is a plus
- Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx)
- Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience MongoDB, Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL, MySQL and other Open source systems.
- Experience in utilizing and integrating into Docker
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience in Jenkins continuous integration, Build, Release and Deployment, GitHub.
- Experience with monitoring/reporting technologies (e.g. Nagios, Graphite, Cacti, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Splunk, Graylog etc
- Private and public cloud experience (VCAC, OpenStack, AWS, Softlayer, etc.)
- Application clustering/load balancing concepts and technologies
- Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues.
- Team player who can jump in and use his or her broad experience to recommend and implement best practices.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.