Director Business Intelligence: In today’s fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common – reliance on data to drive the next wave of innovation. Strategic Analytics is Samsung’s Center-of-Excellence for driving the adoption of data-driven decision making and product development across the company. The team’s core focus is developing best-in-class solutions that provide Samsung’s marketing and service organizations with a 360-degree view of the Samsung customers.
Strategic Analytics is powering a paradigm shift at Samsung and the global industry. We are looking for highly technical team members who are passionate about data, have the rigor needed to solve billion dollar problems, and possess an innate entrepreneurial spirit to explore the uncharted. Strategic Analytics combines the engineering backbone of a best-in-class Big Data Platform with the analytic expertise of advanced mining and predictive modeling.
If you want to work with the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, Samsung is the place to be.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Set vision for data infrastructure investments with an eye to building a future-proof data platform that can support both structured and unstructured data
- Design and development of reporting solutions, including static reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc reporting, and self-service solutions
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of data, incorporate innovating visualization techniques to improve data usability
- Hiring and developing a talented team to create a BI powerhouse function
- Coach, supervise and mentor the staff of professional analysts, engineers, and managers
- 12+ years of related experience working with business and managing teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Has sufficient technical knowledge and depth to be able to evaluate technologies and partner with Engineering to deliver data solutions
- Strong knowledge of BI platforms/applications including visualization tools such as Tableau as well as a deeper technical understanding of data management activities such as data extract/ load, data schema design
- Expertise in managing reporting function including producing KPIs and Dashboards, publishing through multiple channels
- Experience working with Big Data technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- Can work collaboratively work with client teams to understand, meet and exceed their needs and with the engineering team to define requirements and provide clear guidance on requirements
- Ability to work with large groups of associates at all levels of management.
- Strong and effective presentation and communication skills, being comfortable speaking with executive leadership.
- Has deep insights on how enterprises use and misuse data effectively; Is up to date and passionate about the rapidly changing technology stack as it pertains to data management and the explosive growth of unstructured data
- Recognizes the importance of BI as a mission-critical service within an enterprise and sets a high bar on high-quality execution
- Embraces and promotes continuous process improvements
- Can rally a team to give their 110%; Is a great coach and mentor – someone people want to work for
About Samsung Electronics America
Explore exciting opportunities and apply now to join us.