Intel AI, leveraging Intel’s world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the Intel AI products portfolio. Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end to end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel AI is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.
Intel’s Artificial Intelligence Product Group (AIPG) is seeking a Software Security Architect to join our team in Santa Clara, CA.
The Security Architect develops and helps to drive the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across Intel software products and services. Builds strong relationships with Intel’s SW business and technical teams and ensures that the security strategy is aligned with those teams’ objectives and their overall business strategy. Maintains a deep level of expertise in at least one technical domain (e.g., web application security, cloud security, IoT and mobile security, etc.) and provides/contributes to thought leadership in this area.
- Responsible for secure design, development and operation of Intel’s hardware and software products and services.
- Provides consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies related to the web applications, mobile/cloud computing products and services.
- Works with other security architects responsible for technical security risk assessments of new projects, and mitigation of risk associated with existing projects
- Works with other security architects in product groups to ensure security reaches high quality standards by managing deficiencies or helping guide security
- Promotes security research and internal/external influence on software security community.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral skills that indicate:
- Extensive experience in firmware and/or kernel mode driver development
- Deep expertise in C/C++
- Strong skill set on threat modeling, mitigations and security validation
- Experience writing / reviewing security test plans and test cases
- Ability to drive solutions to security incidents if discovered in the field by working closely with product architects and engineering
- Excellent communication, documentation skills
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Experience building and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders including senior-level technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have broad and deep technical knowledge and be able to learn new technologies rapidly and independently.
- Strong communication and presentation experience with stakeholders.
Position requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in SW/Information Security, preferably including experience designing and implementing security policies and security architecture in IoT, mobile or cloud computing environment.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Science, Information systems or related field, or BS in one of these disciplines with additional 2 years of experience required.
Experience in the technical security domain of one of the following: processors, chipsets, PCIe devices or other peripheral devices as well as additional experience with :
- C programming
- Firmware/Kernel mode driver
- Product Security expertise for Software
Minimum of 7 years of experience with:
- Application of cryptography algorithms for encryption of personal data storage/authentication etc.
- Windows 10 and Linux operating systems, and Web hosting services
- C++ programming experience
- 2 years consulting skills and be comfortable partnering with business units to understand business requirements and advise on security matters
- Significant knowledge of security standards, security controls, software technology and software security
- Broad knowledge of a wide range of security and non-security technologies
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: application security, web services security, cloud/virtualization security, IoT Security, media SW security
- General understanding of application security architecture and secure development best practices
- Should have broad technical foundation and be able to understand network, operating system, database and application development design and support as necessary to be able to analyze issues and recommend solutions for the detection, remediation and
- prevention of security vulnerabilities
- Understanding of security standards including ISO – 17000, 27034, NIST etc.
About Intel Corporation
Inside this Business Group
Intel AI, leveraging Intel's world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the Intel AI products portfolio. Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end to end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel AI is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
"Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries."