Our client, a pioneer company working in the space of the convergence of digital and physical environments is looking for a Manager for Project Management Office (PMO) to be part of a growing global IT department who is collaborative and an experienced project management leader.
As a Project Support Manager, PMO, you will be an essential member of the company’s Information Technology Operations leadership team. You will be responsible for providing support to a team of project managers who are responsible for a domain/portfolio of technical projects, identified as part of the organization’s plans. You will develop and implement PMO processes and policies, work with other PMO team members and work with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs. This will involve the ongoing development of the project management team, production of plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring all organizational procedures are adhered to, objectives are identified and met, and benefits realized from the projects which are implemented.
To ensure the company provides optimal experiences, this individual will be skilled at working across a variety of teams to ensure that assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and to facilitate full realization of benefits defined in the business case for each project as well as possess a proven track record of project team development, project plan development, project change control, stakeholder management, benefit and change management, reporting, risks and issue management, and project closure including the capture of lessons learned.
We are looking for a domain IT project support manager, PMO with the following experience and skills:
- Monitor the performance of the domain’s project management team, providing and documenting performance feedback.
- Engage and manage external contractors, consultants, and partners when and where necessary.
- Engage with senior business leaders to set strategy, prioritize work and manage the execution of the annual technology plan to meet deadlines.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure cohesive project management practices across the domain.
- Assist the domain’s PMs to develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Engage with domain’s PMs to develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Support domain’s PMs to manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Assist Domain Leader to monitor or track portfolio milestones and deliverables.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
The Minimum Requirements And Skills Include
- A graduate in engineering, business, public administration, computer technology, or a related field.
- PMP Certification
- Ten years or more of experience in the management of IT projects
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within information technology and involving the implementation of infrastructure and/or delivery of new software application systems and/or major enhancements for existing systems.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional projects and teams,
- Proven experience working with multiple information technologies and business teams.
- Passion and experience in a customer service environment.
- Must have exceedingly strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. We are most interested in candidates exhibiting a passion for team leadership, details, solving problems, simplicity, quality, and moving quickly.
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.