A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. NPR listeners value information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide.
- Provides end users support and install and build, maintaining computer, server, include network and telephony equipment and mobile devices.
- Manage patch management, and virus scanning
- Provides technical assistance and training (technically) to end-users and junior technician
- Acting liaison for escalations on critical issues for various internal technology groups between tier 1, 2, 3, and management teams
- Lead and oversee small and large scale PC-related projects
- Responds to problem/service requests within require Service Level Agreement
- Document processes, procedures, instructions, and training materials for users and IT colleagues
- Work with IT Infrastructure team to implement changes through following an institutionalized change management process
- Implement project activities as requested. Have knowledge of IT project management standards and contribute, to varying degrees, in the creation of project plans and the analysis and monitoring of project risks.
- Develops and maintains hardware and software inventory
- Assists in ensuring adherence to PC related policies, procedures and standards
- Participates in after-hours, on-call and respond to critical system issues on a 24x7x365 basis
- Interfaces with outside clients and vendors
- Creates and distributes weekly and monthly stats and metrics
- Follow up on dissatisfied customer survey responses ensure quality of support
- Available to travel, as required
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering enterprise environment
- Experience with ServiceNow/Helpdesk management systems
- Experience with configuring hardware and software for Mac and PC
- Experience with Windows 7/10, OS X, iOS, and Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, SCCM
- Proficiency in Windows networking services such as DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in high pressure environment and successfully handle multiple priorities
Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration or major in Engineering or Computer Science or an Associate degree and 4 years of direct career experience in information technology disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience managing data centers
- Knowledge of Scripting
- Project Management skills
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human. Through its network of member stations, NPR makes local stories national, national stories local, and global stories personal.