Who You’ll Work With
The PMO Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the Operations & Planning PMO continues to evolve into a center of excellence for project/program management. The expectation is that you will lead by example through building up a common set of practices, principles, and templates for managing projects. The PMO Program Manager will be involved in working on day-to-day tasks of the PMO staff, including all aspects of reporting and status, accomplishments, issues & risks, and high-level deliverables. This position reports to the Senior Manager of the PMO.
What You’ll Do
This is a highly visible position with significant opportunity to help drive and shape the CMS set of strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, always changing environment with a take-charge attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. He or she should be a high-energy strategic thinker, have strong people skills and be able to deliver results while working with multiple complex cross-functional teams. The ability to influence key stakeholders while acting as a team player is an absolute must.
Who You ArePerformance
- Being a positive influence and role model to PMO staff, helping to manage various aspects of the day-to-day project and program management activities, including JIVE management, ETC, deal metrics and quality, brown bag sessions, internships, and innovation programs.
- Provide an integrated view of program performance, managing cross-functional dependencies and measuring progress to ensure the timely delivery of business value.
- Coordinate project reporting by working with various groups to prepare & deliver the monthly CMS Operations and Services Reviews.
- Continue to refine and oversee project dashboard to track critical aspects of the program’s performance. This will include deep-dive portfolio analysis, as needed.
- Facilitate executive decision making, aligning with Cisco and cross-functional process requirements, identify/track functional/process/system interdependencies, provide solutions to initiative and portfolio challenges, generate and measure CMS and cross-functional portfolio performance metrics.
- Ensure that proposed project opportunities align to CMS strategic priorities, articulate a robust business value case, integrate cross-functional dependencies, and are executable by key stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant communities of practice.
- Support and collaborate with peer leadership within CMS Operations & Planning as it relates to implementing and supporting project/program and portfolio management best practices. Lead the standardization of PMO methodologies.
- Estimate work efforts for the team and/or organization.
- Making things happen to Facilitate the timely completion of high-quality deliverables. Hold self and others accountable for outstanding results, be a thought leader.
- Establish appropriate engagement and interlocks with leads and planning counterparts.
Collaboration and Communication
- Demonstrate excellent communications capabilities, business acumen and resource management.
- Develop an effective, collaborative working relationship with CMS Operations & Planning staff and senior CMS business leadership, and provide in-depth program knowledge.
- Consult with management on an ongoing basis to ensure alignment of program goals, business priorities and messaging.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution, including automation, where applicable.
- Build a repeatable framework for project execution, define and scale the program teams as the team’s needs grow.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment is an absolute MUST. Strong business acumen and executive presence are required.
- Ability to lead through influence and collaboration rather than direct control.
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills from individual contributor to the executive level.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate organizations and people through large-scale change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to mentor/coach others & be responsible for achieving quality results.
- 7+ years in a PMO environment or capacity, including a leadership role.
- Project management experience including multi-team, multi-project responsibilities is a must. The ability to manage large complex, global project management experience required.
- PMI Certification a plus, but not required.
- B.S in computer sciences, engineering, business or equivalent, MBA a plus.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.