Because of a strategic commitment, THE Client created the headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The client supports a wide variety of products with state-of-the-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The client team designs, tests, builds, and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products.
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for the program management of Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) for developing and certifying cutting-edge electronic systems for such aircraft platforms and manufacturers as Airbus A350/A380/A320, Boeing 777 & 787, Bombardier C-Series, Embraer, Irkut MC21, and other aircraft. You will work closely with the IPT leads, functional management, senior management, Strategic Business Units customers and aircraft manufacturers in the United States, United Kingdom, France, India, Brazil, Russia, and other locations.
The Program Manager responsibilities include coordination and utilization of resources of the global team in Phoenix AZ, and other potential international sites to effectively meet customer requirements, customer technical & project communications, meeting cost, schedule, and performance targets in the use of improved project management processes and tools. The Program Manager responsibilities also include:
· Execution of contracts by managing tasks associated with project planning, risk & opportunity management, scope management, recurring and non-recurring cost control, scheduling, intra-departmental communication and customer support
· Leadership to meet contractual requirements, including product development and delivery schedules, cost parameters, technical specifications, and overall project objectives
· Serve as the primary interface for communications with the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) customers and team leadership
· Lead preparation and maintenance of Product Introduction processes, SBU performance, and cost metrics on assigned projects
· Preparation and presentation of program reviews and status reports to leadership
· Contract management and monitoring of performance to terms and conditions
· Successfully lead Risk & Opportunity Management programs
· Assist with the development and negotiations of new/updated contracts
· Coordinate with the IPT to ensure successful delivery of program objectives
· Interface with key functional departments (Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Configuration Management, and Engineering) to ensure needed stakeholder involvement is maintained
· Support/attend customer conferences and program meetings as needed
Minimum of 6+ years of experience, or 4+ years with a Masters degree. An ideal candidate will have experience in engineering, or product design in an engineering development environment and experience in Project or Program Management, with experience in project Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, and project Closure. This includes expertise in the development of project schedules, budgets, resource plans, risk & opportunity management, and scope management.
The successful Program Manager will require excellent written, verbal skills, computer and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to customers and stakeholders at all levels of an organization. A strong business and technical acumen, as well as an understanding of program & business unit financial modeling, are required. The program manager will have the ability to read and understand contractual documents, work under pressure and within time and budgetary constraints, and will have excellent organizational skills with an ability to multi-task amidst rapid change. The program manager must possess an ability to think strategically and execute tactically, must possess integrative thinking, be a pragmatic data driven problem solver and initiate creative solutions, and must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project Management tools.
An effective Program Manager will be a self-starter, quick learner, will be adept at leading cross-functional, multi-site/multi-national engineering and engineering support teams toward on-time delivery of customer deliverables and products. The Program Manager will excel at the customer focus and a bias for action for the execution of multiple projects with responsibility for meeting project cost, schedule, and quality targets in a fast-paced and exciting environment. This will include a leading development of new products through a full engineering lifecycle, sustainment and value engineering, and existing product transfer to best-cost sourcing and manufacturing areas. The most required skill of the successful Program Manager is clear, effective communication – communication to the IPT (in Phoenix), management team, customers, and suppliers.
Be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
· PMP Certification
· Experience and familiarity with the full aerospace product hardware/software development and certification (DO-254, DO-178B/C) lifecycle including systems engineering (ARP4754A), requirements analysis, design, development, integration, and qualification testing (DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810).
· Experience successfully managing programs utilizing an Earned Value Management (EVM) approach.
· Development of Project Planning documents, Systems documents, Certification Test Plans, Reliability & Safety documents, and other documents required for aircraft development and certification.
Bias for Action, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Business Acumen, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.Education Required: BS degree in Engineering or related field.
Preferred: MS degree in engineering or management or an MBA; PMP Certification
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.