The Associate Analytical Scientist is responsible for conducting routine analysis of raw materials and finished products and for providing clerical and housekeeping support to the Analytical Services group.
The position relies on experience to plan and accomplish its goals. Exercise of independent judgment is expected, and the Associate Scientist generally works under minimum supervision. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Analytical Services.
- Performs physical and chemical testing of raw materials and finished products of dietary supplements and foods using established physical and wet chemical techniques. Properly documents all work performed. Troubleshoots problems with laboratory equipment and analyses as they arise. Assists Scientists and Sr. Scientists with sample and reagent preparation for various analytical tests.
- Receives incoming test samples, organizes and stores in designated location. Coordinates distribution of completed Certificates of Analyses to requestors. Scans and files completed documentation online along with paper copies. Organizes and archives completed retain samples per established schedule.
- Complies with cGMP requirements in the maintenance of test documentation. Helps maintain laboratory equipment. Updates daily logs of balances, refrigerators, incubators, and other instruments as needed.
Coordinates shipment of test samples to outside laboratories, receives and files test results and forwards Certificates of Analyses to requestor.
- Washing of laboratory glassware. Organizes and stores clean glassware. Helps to maintain the general cleanliness of the laboratory.
Maintains the inventory of lab supplies, samples and assists with hazardous waste management. Maintains the MSDS records of laboratory chemicals, media and reagents. Manages the chemical inventory.
- Other duties, as may be assigned by laboratory management.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, food science, or a related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an analytical laboratory environment. Experience in a cGMP environment required.
- Experience with advanced laboratory instrumentation (HPLC, spectrophotometer, etc.).
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Shaklee Corporation
With over 60 years’ experience as a leading health and wellness company with a long history of pioneering advances in nutritional science, Shaklee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke-Free Employer.