Do you have a passion for Teradata, big data, analytics, and cloud computing? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you passionate about building teams and leading the data-driven digital transformation of Fortune 500 companies?
Highering AI is looking for a Snowflake Certified Engineer with 6-10 years of experience in working on End to End Data warehouse Projects.
Teradata Corporation is a provider of database and analytics-related software, products, and services. The company was formed in 1979 in Brentwood, California, as a collaboration between researchers at Caltech and Citibank’s advanced technology group.
Our client is an American multinational technology conglomerate helping companies address their challenges associated with meeting their large networking needs. Our client’s experts can provide unique insight and help with every aspect of big data solutions design, development, and deployment, from its installation and architecture to its configuration and optimization.
As a member of the Enterprise Data Management team, you are responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring the overall Teradata strategy.
Teradata Developer’s Responsibilities
- As Teradata developer, responsible for maintaining all DBA functions (development, test, production) in operation 24×7.
- Performance tuning, including collecting statistics, analyzing explains & determining which tables needed statistics. Increased performance by 35-40% in some situations.
- Multiload, BTEQ, created & modified databases, performed capacity planning, allocated space, granted rights for all objects within databases, etc
- Moved databases between machines.
- Installed patch sets and upgraded Teradata.
- Automated data warehousing and datamart refreshes using Transportable table space option.
- Worked on creating and managing the partitions.
- Performed database health checks and tuned the databases using Teradata Manager.
- Deliver new and complex high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements and Creating and managing user accounts.
- Installed Teradata drivers for the teradata utilities.
- Refreshed the data by using fastexport and fastload utilities.
- Used Teradata Administrator and Teradata Manager Tools for monitoring and control the system.
- Creating and modifying MULTI LOADS for Informatica using UNIX and Loading data into IDW.
- Loading data from various data sources and legacy systems into Teradata production and warehouse using BTEQ, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, FASTLOAD and Informatica.
- With the in-depth expertise in the Teradata cost based query optimizer, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI etc) etc. In-depth knowledge of Teradata Explain and Visual Explain to analyze and improve query performance.
- Working as an On-Site Teradata Lead DBA, doing DBA activities that are Implementation of data and table-level security, setting up access rights and space rights for Teradata environment. Performance tuning, Monitoring and reporting Review system utilization by user.
- Acted as a liaison between the offshore and onsite teams.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 8+ years design and development experience in Data Warehouse, ETL and Data Management applications
- 6+ years experience with Teradata, including Teradata Tools and Utilities.
- 6+ years of experience in Unix/Linux
- 3-5 years experience with schedulers like AutoSys
- Strong SQL experience and ability to understand data models
- Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous activities and priorities.
- Ability to lead and organize the work of other developers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to supervise and review architecture, design and code from other developers, providing constructive feedback
- Ability to work across organizational units including onshore/offshore and drive continuous process improvement
- Strong interpersonal/influence skills, proactive leadership skills and analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Good to Have Skills
- 4+ years of development experience in Hadoop using Spark, HDFS, Hive, HBase and other utilities
- 3-5 years working with Mainframe
- Familiar with Agile SDLC processes
- Familiar with JIRA, Ansible and BitBucket
At our client’s workplace, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our IT services change the way the world works, lives, plays and learn, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – services cover financial services, entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
About Highering AI
Highering AI is a Digital Business Solution provider of effective Enterprise Information Management solutions focusing on Data Management, Visualization and Analytics solutions that helps our customers to make informed business decisions holistically.