Workday Deployment Strategist has primary responsibility for guiding customers and project teams to a successful deployment of PSA. They advise projects using their deep product and solution expertise to validate design decisions, propose better design and configuration options, and assess deployment readiness. They are the final decision makers on whether or not a project should be moved into production from a product configuration perspective. They serve as the voice of Highering from a product perspective during complex deployments.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as the senior Highering representative for product and solution issues on large scale complex deployments
- Work closely with Deployment Field Readiness Architects to drive both strategic and tactical planning for PSA.
- Drive both high-level and detailed product and solution discussions with clients and partners
- Evaluate deployment design decisions and provide feedback to the customer and project team
- Identify, propose and enforce improvements to design and configuration to meet customer requirements
- Determine deployment readiness based on design decisions and project progress.
- Work with Customer Success and Engagement Manager to develop plans to turn around troubled PSA deployments
- Work with Engagement Managers and Services Alliances Manager to identify critical gaps in partner deployments and help develop strategies to close those gaps.
- Assist BDM’s with SOW’s and project estimations where applicable.
- Align with sales teams where/when applicable on difficult sales cycles that require implementation experience.
The eyes and ears for product and solution issues in the consulting ecosystem
- Work closely with Deployment Field Readiness Architects to gather feedback from customers and consultants on new features
- Provide input to education services on both services and customer training
- Assist the Delivery Assurance group with configuration best practices for their product line
- Act as an escalation point for Delivery Assurance team
- Work closely with PMO team to ensure Highering methodology is being adhered to within the consulting ecosystem.
- Escalate product and solution related deployment issues to the Deployment Solutions group
- Influence product direction based on customer needs and deployment needs
- Keep up to date and provide feedback on feature designs, product roadmap and development progress of specific product area.
- 2+ years implementing Workday or SAP or PeopleSoft solutions
- 10+ years Human Resource, Payroll, or Financials implementation experience, with a focus on PSA or Project Accounting
- Experience in a liaison role with a software development team
- Knowledge of Workday or SAP or PeopleSoft HCM, Payroll, or Financials
- Proven track record of consulting on complex product areas for customers
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- The person must be a software “product” person, a person that enjoys learning and tinkering with the software. Someone who is passionate about functionality and meeting the business needs of customers through software.
- The person must be skilled with their communication & human interaction so they are viewed as a partner and asset to Product Management and Development.
- Passion for customer service
In 2005, software visionaries Aneel Bhusri and Dave Duffield met at the Jax Truckee Diner outside of Lake Tahoe in California. They decided to form a start-up—one that would sell cloud-based applications for finance and HR. The two longtime friends had plenty of experience. Dave had founded PeopleSoft in 1987 and served as the company’s CEO and chairman of the board. Aneel had held a number of leadership positions at PeopleSoft, including senior vice president of product strategy. On that day in 2005, they resolved to build a company that would revolutionize the enterprise software market. The result is Workday.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.