The Workday Technical Lead will be responsible for successful business process configuration, security configuration, technical integrations expert, Report Writer, and overall implementation related to the global Workday modules. Work with the HRIS team on maintenance and improvement of the Workday system. Partner with internal customers to understand business requirements, and configure the Workday solution. This position will work as part of a team of business analysts and developer(s).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with HR Partners and managers to understand business requirements and drivers
- Configure and Develop all aspects of Workday functionality including but not limited to core HR, time and pay structures, benefits, absence management, compensation structure, and talent management
- Create detailed system integration specifications, field mapping, and system process designs
- Write technical and functional requirements documents and execute the design, development, testing and deployment of enhancements for the organization globally.
- Participate in the maintenance of technical support documentation including technical diagrams, manuals, procedures, and processes to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Subject Matter Expert on all data associated with Workday (data architecture, functionality, data, queries/reporting, vendor integrations, etc.)
- Envision HR model and perform system configuration of complex data flows and workflows
- Understands Workday security domains and how to maintain security on Business Processes; Maintain and assign security roles for Workday users
- Design reports and dashboards in Workday to provide heavy HR analytics to our executive team
- Make recommendations regarding process improvement for workflow, update in the business processes as appropriate
- Analyze future Workday releases to understand impact and capabilities of new features, specifically within existing Workday configuration
- Prepare and present Root Cause Analysis to HRIS team and/or other internal customers based on troubleshooting and analysis, and provide applicable recommendations
- Execute tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Establishes and maintains relationships and communicates feedback to colleagues as appropriate.
- Technical proficiency with Workday. Experience with Workday and its tools.
- Understanding of Workday studio to integrate Workday data models with 3rd party systems.
- Experience with Workday’s integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) for building integrations to and from Workday. Knowledge of with data conversion tools/technologies (EDI, Web Services, XML, XSLT, Java, .Net, SOA, or ETL)
- Effective Project Manager
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changing business requirements and handle competing priorities
- Hands-on experience with data analysis, data manipulation, and conversions
- Ability to envision, model and perform system configuration of complex data flows and workflows
- Knowledge and understanding of HR business functions, including benefits, performance management, and compensation. Strong background in Workday HRIS as well as a functional understanding of Human Resources processes.
- Strong understanding of HR data models in Workday
- Workday toolset (Studio, Business Intelligent Reporting Tool, etc).
- Creative problem solver who is able to think beyond the status quo and architect technical solutions to business problems in a timely manner
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Ability to establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team building
- Participates as part of a team, understanding the various work styles of others and their roles on the team.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team. Seeks help from other team members as appropriate.
- Embraces Owner’s mentality spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities to improve the organization.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced global environment and effectively collaborate across teams.
- Understand HR governance, compliance, and process design
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent degree or work with a preferred concentration in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience producing estimates on effort, technical diagrams, defining requirements, designing and developing integrations for implementations (Workday, NetSuite, SFDC etc).
- 5+ years’ experience designing and developing integration solutions using the Workday Integration Tool Kit – Core Connectors, EIBs, Document Transforms, BIRT, Reports-as-a-Service (RaaS), Workday Studio, etc.
- Experience in full cycle project management including the ability to organize, execute and plan deep impact projects
- Workday Integrations Certified is preferred. Should have very good experience with Cloud Connectors, EIB, DT’s, XML/ XSLT and Workday STUDIO custom integrations is required.
- Experience on Middleware integrations with Workday configuration will be preferred.Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
- Project experience in a technical or techno-functional role with one implementation
- Creating complex reports and resolving issues with existing reports.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient user of Excel and Microsoft Office tools.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
- Strong partnering skills inside and outside of the function.
In 2005, software visionaries Aneel Bhusri and Dave Duffield met at the Jax Truckee Diner outside of Lake Tahoe in California. They decided to form a start-up—one that would sell cloud-based applications for finance and HR. The two longtime friends had plenty of experience. Dave had founded PeopleSoft in 1987 and served as the company’s CEO and chairman of the board. Aneel had held a number of leadership positions at PeopleSoft, including senior vice president of product strategy. On that day in 2005, they resolved to build a company that would revolutionize the enterprise software market. The result is Workday.
highering top 10
Start your day with stories curated specially for you
You have Successfully Subscribed!
About Highering Talent
Job Seekers: We catalyze increasing your earnings and mitigate challenges in browsing the best career opportunities, managing job search directly on your mobile device or desktop. Manage all of the jobs you have applied to in a convenience secure dashboard.